New Suzuki Gixxer: Suzuki launches their new 155cc bike the Gixxer, on September 9 after it was first unveiled at the start of 2014. Then it was showcase at the 2014 Auto Expo in February. Suzuki has put forth the Gixxer as a street sports bike targeting it at the youth in India. At the starting stage itself, it has impressed each and every youth with the effective manner. The looks of the motorcycle are inspired by the legendary GSX-R sports bike and the bike borrows many traits from his elder sibling.
Impact of Suzuki Gixxer in Bike World
The styling of the end can of the exhaust is similar to the GSX-R which also gets dual exhausts. The bike boasts of a headlamp with the bikini fairing and gets a digital speedometer. The tank has been well-chiselled complementing the muscular naked look and is capable of holding 12 litres of fuel. The ex-showroom price of the Suzuki Gixxer is from Rs.76, 650 to Rs.1, 50, 000.
Key features of New Suzuki Gixxer:
The official product highlights of the Suzuki Gixxer are Sports twin exhaust, smart digital instrument console, ultra-light & robust 155cc engine, aluminium muffler cover, stylish LED tail lamp. The Suzuki Gixxer has got 266 mm disc brakes at its front and 130 mm drum brakes at the rear end which works efficiently and smoothly. The Suzuki Gixxer features a fully digital instrument console that comprises of a fuel gauge, speedometer, tachometer and dual trip metres along with low fuel and low battery indicators. The suspension duties are handled by telescopic forks at the front while swing-arm with mono-shock absorbers are placed at the rear. There is an enormous number of key features are available which can able to provide the service of the bike with the massive techniques.
Specifications of New Suzuki Gixxer are
- The displacement of the Suzuki Gixxer is 154.9 cc.
- The maximum power of the Suzuki Gixxer is 14.6 BHP @ 8000 rpm.
- The maximum torque of Suzuki Gixxer is 14 NM @ 6000 rpm.
- The gearbox of the Suzuki Gixxer is 5 speed, manual transmission
- The seat height of the Suzuki Gixxer is 780 mm.
- The ground clearance of the Suzuki Gixxer is 160 mm.
- The kerb or wet weight of the Suzuki Gixxer is 135 kg.
- The fuel tank capacity of the Suzuki Gixxer is 12 litres.
- The top speed of the Suzuki Gixxer is 115 kmph.
- The mileage of the Suzuki Gixxer is 63.5 kmpl where it is an authorised and certified one.